Wednesday 12 March 2008

5 Things to ask yourself before you trip the shutter

Below is a link to a good article on the five things to think about before you trip the shutter.

The five things are:

1. Is my Shutter Speed correct to capture my subject properly?
2. Is my selected Focal Length or my Positioning optimal to capture my subject?
3. Have I chosen the proper Depth of Field to best highlight my subject?
4. Is my subject in Focus?
5. Have I checked the Edges of my frame to minimize distracting elements?

More details on each point in the article below

Five things to ask yourself

20070813_Lillehammer_068
It is not always easy to get all these things right. I didn't have time to check my edges before pushing the shutter release. Sometimes it is more important to get the shot.

No comments: